£14,000 for 24 hours
Excellent opportunity for an experienced , personable outgoing individual with strong customer service/administrative skills to join this leading Property Company who specialise in Student Accommodation. This is a Part-Time role where you will work 24 hours per week working Friday, Saturday and Sunday or Saturday, Sunday and Monday
To assist with the following operations: -
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries from residents and the public both face to face and by telephone. To cope in busy situations and to be able to deal effectively with difficult customers.
- General Administration procedures - including photocopying, filing, faxing, post, common room reservations, gym disclaimers etc.
- Stationery and other stock checks, purchasing and control.
- Receiving and distribution of mail for residents ensuring security of registered and courier mail.
- Accounting for the collection of money from residents on a daily basis. This will include security deposits, rent payments, electricity deposits, telephone account payments, laundry card deposits and credits and other student purchases.
- Maintenance of administration records for residents ensuring high level of efficiency etc.
- Recording maintenance problems when reported by students and referring to the relevant party i.e. Companies maintenance staff or external contractors with the assistance of the hall management.
Regular inspections of all residential accommodation throughout term time and at the end of contracts, including the communal areas and study bedrooms, for the purpose of verifying residents' Health and Safety, checking for the misuse of facilities and for the maintenance of correct standards of cleanliness, hygiene and provision. All findings to be reported to maintain an administration record for follow up as necessary.
Maintenance of student telephone accounts including printing and distribution of bills, accounting for payment, disconnection and reconnection of pin codes using the telephone computer system, maintaining security at all times.
Operation and maintenance of door entry system and its software.
Assisting with the allocation of study bedrooms for new bookings.
Registration of new tenants at the start of the academic year and throughout the contract period. This will include the allocation of registration cards, signing of Tenancy agreements, issuing of keys, swipe-cards, telephone pin-codes, laundry cards etc.
Ensuring entry is not allowed to unauthorised visitors as per the visitor's policy, contractor's policy and tenancy agreements.
Ensuring security of the site and safe access to buildings at all times.
Dealing with inappropriate car parking on site and adjacent property.
Responsibilities for ensuring legal requirements are met including Health & Safety at Work, COSHH, Employment Protection Acts, Equal Rights Legislation and the Housing Act.
Purchasing, regulation and monitoring of all equipment at Victoria Hall.
Maintaining adequate arrangements for security and safety including the inspection of firefighting equipment and detectors and the enforcement of safety procedures in emergency situations.
Undertaking and assessment and recording of damage and the issuing of invoices.
Assistance of the preparation of various reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly reports and relevant accounts to the line management.
Involvement in student discipline issues as and when required.
Assisting in the marketing, sales and reservation of accommodation for students, guests and visitors. Liaison with University Accommodation Offices, various booking agents and marketing institutions in order to provide an update on information, effective and efficient services and assistance as required. Updating online listings, distributing marketing materials (e.g. flyers to accommodation offices), conducting viewings and processing applications.
Maintaining adequate arrangements for the removal of refuse, ensuring the general tidiness of the surrounding land, courtyard and car park.
To inform the line management at any time on any aspect of the hall that he or she feels may require attention.
This role will suit a candidate who is after experience in a busy office environment where tasks are varied and often Ad Hoc; This is an excellent position for someone who likes a challenge, can work under pressure and can problem solve effectively within a small team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job