Overlay Sales Specialist- IT
Title: Overlay Sales Specialist - IT
Reports to: London & South East Regional Sales Manager
Our client has built a unique position as the UK leader in technology and services for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries. Their purpose is to provide solutions to the construction sector, supporting the complete project life cycle from the manufacture of building products through to design, construction, building handover and maintenance.They partner with their customers to understand their needs, opportunities and plans so they can recommend and deliver solutions to help achieve their goals. Their services have been designed to support every aspect of an organisation working within the AEC industry and ranges from the supply of hardware through to consultancy and document management solutions.
Our client has an aspiration to grow to £42m by 2020. A main area of growth is our IT Solutions business unit which currently has a turnover over of £3.2m. Our client currently does business with 4000 customers and the IT Solutions business unit only has 12% penetration.
Their core customer base has traditionally been in London and the South East but our recent opening of an office and training facility in Leeds has resulted in the onboarding of a high number of new customers.
An exciting opportunity has developed to join as a key member of the sales team responsible for advancing and connecting the AEC industry through Information Technology. As an Overlay Sales Specialist focused on IT Solutions, the successful candidate will work closely with the existing sales team to sell IT Software, Solutions, Services and Support.
Whilst the role is being put in place to support existing sales functions there will also be a requirement to engage with customers and prospects directly. They will also be looking to onboard net new logo’s through our revived focus in this space.
- Profile the potential addressable opportunity within the account portfolio and prioritise those offering the greatest revenue return to the company in the short, medium & long term.
- Understand in depth, each customer’s true business objectives, challenges and issues and how IT Solutions can address these objectives.
- Identify unique value for the company addressing the customer’s known and unknown IT requirements, focusing on deliverable, tangible business outcomes to be realised by the customer.
- Develop/hunt for opportunities through sales and marketing activities.
- Able to engage, maintain and develop relationships at both CxO and operational levels within any organisation, to fully appreciate and understand the customer’s business challenges and objectives.
- Ability to network within a customer organisation to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Engage a virtual team to execute against defined opportunities (pre-sales technical and sales support).
- Collaborate with sales management and the business unit head to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Exhibits outstanding operational excellence - including monthly/quarterly forecasting, building healthy pipeline, CRM entry and hygiene, opportunity management and virtual team orchestration
- Meet and exceed individual Net Gross Profit targets
- Develop deep understanding of product capabilities and value proposition and be able to present to customers and prospects in a highly effective manner - both at technical leadership and business executive level
- Pass on knowledge and best practices to the existing sales team encouraging growth without intervention
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Structures and implements sales plans within the context of established strategy
- Experience selling solutions or professional services
- Interest in the IT/Tech Industry & Digital Selling
- Experience in successfully negotiating complex sales transactions, proactively taking up initiatives to develop incremental business pipeline and drive sales activity
- Understanding of customer’s decision-making process, goals, objectives and strategies. Business and financial acumen.
- Extensive experience delivering persuasive presentations to business decision makers
- AEC industry knowledge
- Experience selling IT Solutions to the AEC sector
- Experience in enabling others to sell a product or solution
- Proficient: Experience with complex sales training (e.g., Miller Heiman, Spin, Challenger, Insight Selling, etc.) and sales methodologies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"