This role is working for an award winning company based in Sevenoaks that offers a very "media" modern office environment, has a friendly and down to earth team and excellent benefits that include: Annual Bonus; Gym Membership; above 6% Pension Contribution; Flexible working; 27 days holiday and study support to name just a few....
They are looking for someone at the start of their accounts career who is an ambitious, dedicated, reliable and hard-working individual with some experience within Accounts who can take responsibility of their Purchase Ledger. They very much want someone who can add value who continually strives to improve both in their work and professional development. Key things they are looking for are "Confidence", "Willing to ask questions", "Excellent organisational Skills", "Good with People" and "Looking to learn and develop"
Duties will include:
- Day to day running of Purchase Ledger using SAP and Nintex system, including loading of all Purchase Ledger invoices onto Nintex for circulation, dealing with queries, and entering validated invoices for payment into SAP.
- Approval and reconciliation of Staff expenses via Concur, and Euro/GBP petty cash expenses and other adhoc invoices onto SAP.
- Entry of Invoices (not Purchase Order related) onto SAP for Legal and other costs in a timely manner for Direct Debit payments or payment runs to ensure prompt payment to legal deadlines.
- Alongside with the Financial Accountant assistant, responsible for preparing Vendor Master Data form from information gathered from the Business, and liaising with Group Master file Department for creation/amendment/deletion of Vendors in SAP (General/Legal and Vendor/Customers). Liaise with HR Department for creation/amendment/deletion of Employee Vendors in SAP
- Checking and validating payment run, and liaising with Group Treasury regarding payments and queries.
- Monthly reconciliations of Supplier Statements to Accounts Payable Ledger to clear queries to ensure that company Creditor days KPI is adhered to.
- Monthly analysis, reconciliation and clearing of Vendor accounts to ensure accuracy of Vendors (excluding Intercompany and Customer/Vendor accounts.
- Reconcile BACS/Direct Debit proposals and invoices/credit notes processed in the month and Creditors Control Account for month end
- Close Purchase ledger at month end to ensure Group deadlines are met.
- Responsibility to monitor, correct and inform other departments regarding correct VAT treatment of Purchase Invoices.
- Liaison with Purchase requisitioners to solve queries, and ensure costs are captured accurately and on time.
Intercompany flows (excluding monthly recharges)
- Liaise with Marketing Assistant for month end media recharges.
- Enter Intercompany recharges onto SAP, produce invoices and enter into Intranetting (COPROCESS). Liaise with Credit Control/Contra Accountant regarding timing of upload of recharges into Co-Process for month end (usually Month end Day minus 3).
- Support the Financial Accountant assistant on the reconciliation of Group Intercompany accounts in SAP. Regular reconciliation and filing of Intercompany invoices received against Purchase Ledger, including clearing of intercompanyEDIIDOC errors to release invoices
- Reconciliation and matching within Co-Process system at month end for Group Treasury purposes and to ensure accuracy of Intercompany accounts
- Monthly Intercompany flow upload of Group payment clearing in SAP (based upon prior month Co-Process reconciliation).
- Liaison with Purchase Ledger Accountant regarding timing of upload of recharges into Co-Process for month end (usually Month end Day minus 3)
- Shared responsible for clearing, maintaining and reconciling GR/IR (Goods receipt/invoice receipt) accounts within SAP on a monthly basis.
- Monthly review of open purchase orders / commitments and review of month end invoices not GR’d to assist the financial accountant with the preparation of accruals (overheads and logistics related costs)
- Responsible for Creditcard receipts, logging them in a spreadsheet, prepare accrual journals and posting in SAP.
- Entering car information required for calculation of VAT Fuel Scale Charge (see legal reporting).
- Ad-hoc projects as designated by the Financial Accountant / Finance & Admin Director
- Provide assistance to Company Auditors as appropriate at year end
- Provides cover for other accounts team members as required
- Work with Financial Accountant and Quality Manager to document processes and procedures and suggest improvements in effectiveness and efficiency.
Hours are 9-5.00 Monday to Friday with Flexible working (including being able to work 1 day from home)
Parking is also available.
They are looking to interview asap so if you want to work for one of the best companies in Kent don't delay in applying!
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job