Overall job purpose
The role will ensure the enablement of all teams to deliver services to clients in conjunction with the OTS offering and aid the development of strong client relationships. This will be via a varied mixture of duties across the client base to assist the development of the Outsourcing practice.
On all selected engagements support the team in a timely, high quality provision of day to day accounting services to all relevant clients.
- Responsible for client portfolio ensuring accurate preparation of management accounts within deadlines and budgets set.
- Proactively update the relevant Outsourcing Manager on client as and when appropriate.
- Draft professional correspondence (e.g. email, letter) suitable for submission to a client without significant review points.
- To ensure client processes and permanent files are kept up to date.
- Key performance measures acted upon on an on-going basis (e.g. chargeable time, utilisation, expected fee income levels).
- Regular and proactive participation in Outsourcing Team meetings.
The role requires
- Accurate and timely preparation of (often complex/bespoke) management accounts and other reporting.
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales lists and Intrastat returns.
- Training clients in use of their accounts systems.
- Work in accordance with the defined systems and procedures.
- Carry out ad-hoc assignments with assistance (usually solving clients accounting system issues).
- Ability to analytically review results and analyse KPIs.
- Request appropriate funding from Parent Company to cover expected outgoings of the subsidiary/branch on a timely basis.
- Recognise issues with European implications and act accordingly (e.g. VAT, taxation, foreign currency).
- Prepare an audit file which could be submitted to the client’s auditors.
- Knowledge of IFRS/UKGAAP.
- Accurately compile information for P11D preparation by Tax Department.
- Good compliance skills with limited supervision.
- Effective use of IT including Excel, accounts packages, Outlook.
- Maintain high professional standards of conduct and practice.
- Apply knowledge of RSM, industry, markets, and core client base highlighting potential business opportunities to the relevant Outsourcing Manager.
- Be able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Be aware of relevant financial targets and constraints and contributes to achieving these, keeping the relevant Outsourcing Manager informed of progress.
- Understand need for continuous learning.
- Work closely with junior members to ensure their continual development.
- Be able to use initiative to identify and propose improvements to systems and procedures and encourage better teamwork.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Management Accountant
- Meet Deadlines
- MS Office
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'