12 Month FTC. Top 10 Practice. Outsourcing Executive ACCA Qualified job with salary up to £42000
Your new company
Outsourcing team, Top 10 Accountancy Practice, London.
Your new role
- Solid knowledge of double entry and a good knowledge of the requirements of standard accounting policies
- Bookkeeping, including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries for a wide range of clients, including the more complex clients
- Preparation of management and statutory accounts, with little supervision which are technically accurate and meet the full UK GAAP/IFRS requirements
- Preparation of VAT returns and a good understanding of VAT rules so that issues can be spotted and flagged to the manager for attention
- Achieve deadlines and understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service
- Understand a client's business and recognise the commercial implications of their actions, including comparisons with similar clients
- Provide constructive accounting advice to clients
- Identify departures from accounting standards or company law and communicate to senior team members
- For certain members of staff - prepare the regular FCA returns on a timely and accurate basis and have an understanding or the FCA rules behind the returns so that solutions can be presented to the manager
- Liaise with tax, ESG and other departments for client matters such as tax and payroll details
- Prepare cheque runs and payments using BACS system
- Ensure that invoices, payments and bank summaries are prepared on a timely basis
- Review monthly management accounts, and VAT returns which have been prepared by more junior members of staff
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, cash flows and forecasts particularly for FCA clients, including ICAAPs and FCA applications
- Prepare year end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items. Dealing with matters arising from the auditors.
- Have a good understanding of the disclosure requirements of Companies Act and how this affects how accounts are prepared and presented
What you will need to succeed
- ACCA qualified
- Sound bookkeeping skills
- Good VAT and corporate tax knowledge
- Proven experience of statutory and management accounts preparation for UK entities
- Experience of audit file preparation and liaison with audit staff
- Competent using MS Office particularly Excel - intermediate / advanced level is required
- Proficient in use of accounting software such as Sage and Access and other relevant packages
- Excellent client interaction and relationship building skills
- Team worker / basic people management skills
- For certain staff - FCA return knowledge is essential
- Strong verbal communication and report writing skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with proven planning and prioritising skills and able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to influence internal clients / colleagues
- Able to be involved with objective setting?
- Results orientated
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Adaptable and flexible working attitude
* Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
* Self-motivated able to use own initiative
To be considered for this role you will be a dynamic and positive individual who is able to work autonomously and keep the daily operations of the office running smoothly.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join a top 10 practice which will provide you with the platform to progress your career. You will receive a competitive salary and study support and a range of flexible benefits.
By joining this practice you will discover an ambitious firm with strong leadership and a shared direction. The working culture is inclusive, collaborative and supportive and the firm encourages employees to reach their full potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.