Outsourcing Assistant Manager (Finance Manager)
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top10 Accounting Firm who are looking for an experienced Qualified Outsourcing Assistant Manager/Manager for their Client Services team in Reading. Managing your own portfolio of clients and supervising a small team, key deliverables for the position include:
- Managing a client portfolio as well as building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Preparing monthly management accounts including preparing bank reconciliations, accruals/prepayments, control accounts and posting journals
- Managing year-end processes and reviewing limited company statutory financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS, as well as annual accounts for partnerships & sole traders
- Completing quarterly VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat returns
- Managing junior staff on client work to ensure it is appropriately completed to satisfy objectives
- Managing the month end process and reviewing management accounts
- Dealing with queries from external auditors on behalf of clients
- Ensuring all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's standards
- Liaising with OMB/SME clients to ensure their accountancy work is running smoothly and meets their expectations
- Participating in business development activities and contributing to sales negotiations
- Assisting clients with ad-hoc questions in relation to financial matters including the interpretation of results, and the financial resources implications, having a good understanding of how changes to the business could affect the firm from a regulatory perspective
- Assisting clients on the set up and development of internal systems and controls, including implementing suitable accounting software
- Managing budgets for client work and have a thorough understanding of the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates
- Preparing draft bills for Senior managers/Partners on a regular basis and keeping the Outsourcing client billing information up to date
- Having a full awareness of the services offered by other departments in the firm and continually look for cross selling opportunities
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally with experience in a similar outsourced accounting or general practice environment. With strong management accounts, statutory and annual accounts experience (inc working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS) and knowledge in VAT, corporation tax and employment taxes; line management and mentoring junior staff is also preferred for this role. The firm will also consider applicants currently working in Industry/Commerce who are keen to use their transferable skills and work in the Accountancy Profession.
On offer is a salary up to £50/52,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Financial Reporting
- Statutory Accounts
- Client Accounts
- Outsourcing Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'