Outreach Support Worker
Do you want to use you listening and practical skills to support someone with mental health or learning disability needs?
Are you dynamic and caring individual who enjoys working with people in community and in a person centred way?
Then why not consider joining our community outreach team?
Community Recovery Mental Health and Learning Disability Outreach Worker
We work in Barrow in Furness providing both community mental health and learning disability support. Our dedicated staff ensure positive support is delivered in a personalised way to each service user. The successful candidate will engage with service users and build trusting therapeutic relationships.
The role includes visiting service users in their own homes or in other settings and offering practical support to enable them to live independently while also offering emotional support in accordance with their individual support plans.
You will receive extensive training and excellent peer support.
Key skills we need:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- A person who is supportive, proactive, responsible and good at motivating people
- Experience of working in the care and support sector is preferred; however, if you are a student who has recently completed a relevant qualification and you share our drive, values and passion for helping people with mental health needs, then we would also like to hear from you.
- This role could involve delivering personal care.
- It is beneficial you are a car driver.
- Good written communication also important.
Full or part time hours are available for this role.
Being a driver is essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job