Outreach Associate Consultant
Location: Wandsworth, London
Salary: Negotiable based on Experience
Reports to: Head of Outreach
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for the people who work with them and support for their families and carers. We run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and the beginnings of an Early Years’ service.
About BeyondAutism Outreach
The BeyondAutism Outreach and Training service was initially set up in January 2015 and has now developed as a self-sustaining, viable service within the organisations service portfolio. The service utilises the knowledge and expertise of highly skilled staff to deliver life changing outcomes for children and young people with autism in other schools and at home. Outreach staff make regular visits to schools who are keen to develop their support for children with autism and deliver programmes to specific members of staff or train large groups. We can also make individual visits to help support children in various settings, tailoring our service to suit individual needs. Our Outreach and Training service is currently expanding and we would be keen to hear from ABA, SEN Teaching & Therapy practitioners.
As an Outreach Associate Consultant you will be a competent practitioner able to model good practice and adjust your delivery style as appropriate. You will be required to work in a variety of settings, meeting a diverse range of people; at times meeting people that have had no exposure to behaviour analysis, with its intrinsic ways of working. You will therefore need to develop training courses that will be accessible to educators, parents and carers who support people with autism.
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated practitioners in ABA, SEN Teaching & Therapy who share our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the children and young people.
You will need
- To have a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Experience of Outreach or providing a similar service is desirable
- To hold and maintain any relevant qualifications for your specialism (e.g. BCBA)
- Proven experience of managing a multi-client workload
- Experience of advanced ABA skills; programme development, assessment, designing behavioural interventions and integration of other provisions
- Experience of working as part of and with a multi-disciplinary team
For an application pack please visit our website