Outdoor Test Tyre Fitter
Monday to Friday (07:45am until 16:15pm)
Working as part of our Outdoor Test team, Pirelli Tyres would like to recruit a Test Tyre Fitter, working 5 days per week, Monday to Friday.
As the ‘Outdoor Test Tyre Fitter’ based at MIRA, you will support the ‘Ride & Handling Assessors’ in their day-to-day activities, ensuring fitted units are available in a timely manner. You will carry out safe operation of the tyre fitting and balancing equipment in-line with Pirelli’s HSE requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fitting operation predominantly at MIRA, supporting activities at other proving grounds [including overseas] where necessary.
- Ensure that the ‘Ride and Handling Assessors’ have fitted units available in a timely manner.
- Assist in collecting rims and/or vehicles from OEM customers and return them within the agreed timeframe.
- Work in a safe, structured, and methodical manner, ensuring that the workshop and outdoor storage compound benefit from good housekeeping and organisation.
- Ensure the test cars are kept clean and tidy.
- Maintain good stock control and ensure that reference sets are retained where necessary. Keep an inventory of specifications held within outdoor test stock and notify the ride and handling assessors when consumables need to be ordered [tyre weights, fitting soap etc].
- Support the ‘Test & OE Support Operator’ where possible, using the van provided.
- Support mileage/winter run-in were necessary.
The ideal candidate will work in a professional manner at all times as some of the work could be alongside or in front of OEM customers.
There is a requirement for the individual to have a good general level of education. Candidates must be effective communicators with good planning and organisation skills. The ability to demonstrate good time management, along with the willingness to be flexible and resilient is also essential; candidates must also have the availability to travel overseas at short notice. A clean driving licence is desirable.
If you would like to apply for this role, please visit our Careers Website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'