We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced staff to join our team at Black Mountain Activities for the summer session.
We are a busy family run adventure centre who deliver arrange of high quality adventure activities to a range of clients, from schools, youth groups, families, social groups, stag & hen parties and team building events for corporate groups and individuals of all ages. The activities we offer are gorge walking, open canoeing, kayaking, raft building, caving, archery, orienteering, high level ropes and zip wire, mountain biking, hill walking, rock climbing, land carting, paintballing and team tasks.The activities take place in and around the Brecon Beacons, using its natural resources such as caves, rives, and mountains.
You will be expected to deliver high quality activity sessions to our clients, ensuring that they have a fun, safe and memorable experience, whether its delivering an archery session, canoeing on our local rivers or climbing one of our great mountains.
If you have NGB awards in Canoeing, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Archery, Mountain Biking and Hill Walking and have a passion for the outdoor then click on the "Apply Now Button" and join our great team.
Start date March/April until September/October 2018.
You will be responsible for: -
- Delivering high quality adventure activity on and off site.
- Provide a fun and safe experience.
- Ensuring all clients are correctly kited with safety equipment.
- Ensure that all kit is checked and returned to the stores.
- Carry out maintenance such as cleaning, painting and general repairs where needed.
Working week - Five working days per week, because of the nature of industry, this will include weekends and bank holidays. Working hours are normally from 8.30am - 5.30pm with lunch and coffee/tea breaks included in this time. Because of the nature of the industry specific times for lunch or tea/coffee breaks cannot be given and will therefore remain flexible. When working with schools that are on a residential activity course with Black Mountain Activities, evening activities are provided by the company, for which you will be required to supervise and provide extra activities, particularly when dealing with school groups. This is usually from 7.00PM - 9.00PM in addition to the normal working day. Appropriate notice will be given.
A minimum of 2 national governing body awards, i.e., SPA, ML, UKCC Level 1, DI, Mountain Bike Instructors Award etc.
You must possess the below
- Outdoor First Aid Qualification.
- Experience delivering outdoor activities.
- Minimum of two NGB wards.
- A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
- A transferable DBS would be an advantage, however, for the right candidate, we can instigate the DBS process
- A full, clean UK driving license. D1 mini bus would be an advantage.
- Team Building
- Rock Climbing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job