Outdoor Education Worker Apprentice - Guildford, Dorking and Richmond
£11,117.40 per annum for 36 hours per week with Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development.
The apprenticeship will be Surrey wide and therefore it is essential for the role holder to be able to travel to all centres within Surrey. Our centres are located in Guildford, Mickleham (near Dorking) and Ham (near Richmond).
This is a 13 month fixed term contract.
We are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.About the Role
Are you passionate about the outdoors? Would you like to help people develop and grow using a range of outdoor activities such as climbing, paddling, walking or team building?
Then why not become an outdoor professional?!
Apprenticeships are now available to anyone over the age of 18, there is no age restriction. For individuals starting out on their career pathway or for those looking for a career change.
Throughout your L3 apprenticeship with Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development you will gain experience and knowledge in:
- How to work with groups in the outdoors and understand the theories of group work
- The benefits of outdoor learning to participants and how to enhance learning
- How to deliver high quality sessions
- Understanding the different needs of individuals and how to adapt your sessions
- Learn technical skills and facilitate outdoor activities in a range of activities such as Paddling, Raft building, Climbing, High Ropes, Archery, Mountain Biking, leading groups walking, Team Tasks, Orienteering, Challenge Course, Woodland Skills, many leading to formal qualifications from national governing bodies.
- Other organisational training and knowledge in areas such as health and safety and safeguarding
- Working is a supportive and experienced team
- Experience different centres and outreach work across Surrey
After your time with SOLD, your experience and qualifications will put you in a great position to progress your career in outdoor learning and make a positive difference to people’s lives.
About SOLDSurrey Outdoor Learning and Development (SOLD) is a provider of high quality, outcome led, outdoor learning experiences. We are committed to inspiring and engaging young people and adults, improving and enriching personal and social development and raising achievement, success and aspirations in life. See SOLD's website for more information on what we do. Applicants must hold a GCSE grade ‘C’ or above in Maths and English.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 24th February 2019.
Values and Behaviours
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy. For more information about our values and behaviours please follow this link.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'