Contact Centre Outbound (Travel Department)
Southend on Sea
£15,500 + monthly performance bonus
Working as part of the Outbound Sales Team on a 37.5 hour week, on a rota basis including
weekends and evenings and Bank Holidays. The Company operates on a 365 days a year, 7 days a
week basis, so some flexibility may be required to meet future business change.
Purpose of the role:
To proactively and effectively sell a full range of products via outbound calling to existing and/or potential customers. Using our in-house system, Outbound Sales Agents will contact customers who have previously expressed an interest via the companys website and/or customers who have previously purchased a different policy and are due for renewal.
Duties and Responsibilitie
· To proactively and compliantly sell our products/services via outbound customer calls in order to achieve agreed individual/team sales targets and objectives consistently.
· To support other team members in ensuring the achievement of any agreed team business objectives.
· To represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
· To accurately record all customer data on our relevant systems/databases.
· To respond positively and accurately to all product and process questions raised by customers and/or colleagues.
· To recognise opportunities to upsell, cross sell and promote additional products to maximise sales.
· To identify sales opportunities within the call whilst maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
· To demonstrate flexibility to match the needs of the business from time to time.
· To ensure that all regulatory guidelines are adhered to, for example PCI.
· To be compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
· To support Managers to manage the key risks within your department.
· To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Security, IT and Internal Control Financial Regulations.
· To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be allocated by your Manager/Companys Senior Management Team.
· Drive for Results
· Service Excellence
· Team Building/Team Player
· Technical Skills and Knowledge
Ideally you will have a proven background in sales, preferably in a Contact Centre/Outbound
environment, and enjoy working to targets.
Other significant Role Requirements:
· A good understanding of FCA regulations and the TCF (treating the customer fairly) concept.
· Knowledge of Contact Centre Management System or a similar in-house database system.
· Good numerical skills and computer literate.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good planning and organisation skills.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to interact with all levels of seniority, both internal & external.
Weeks 1-2 classroom based- understanding policies/systems etc
Wks 3-4 buddy up with experienced member of staff
Monday-Thursday +Saturday 9am-5.30pm or 11.30am-8pm (Fridays 9am-5.30pm) 2 week rota