Orthodontic Nurse - Horsham
Orthodontic Nurse - Horsham
Consult Search & Selection are proud to be partnered a specialist Orthodontic practice based in the Horsham area with new permanent positions available due to continued growth.
- To assist the specialist orthodontist/therapist in all clinical procedures
- To assist in planning appointments to avoid delaying both patients and clinicians
- To ensure that the surgical areas and equipment are regularly cleaned and maintained including aspiration systems & autoclaves. Paying all due attention to relevant legal and ethical codes, in addition to the practice policy in respect of cross infection control and health & safety
- To keep accurate records and ensure the recording methods are used in line with agreed practice policy and current medico-legal guidelines
- To advise the Practice Manager/Head Nurse of any faulty or poorly functioning equipment so that action may be taken to remedy any defects
- To take all reasonable measures to ensure patient comfort
- To maintain patient confidentiality. (This includes preventing medical histories, treatment proposals, conversations, financial transactions, reactions to treatment being overheard.)
- To record stock drawers and maintain records to ensure that materials/stationery are never out of stock
- To make certain that an efficient link with the dental laboratory is upheld to prevent delays in the dispatch and receipt of work
- To follow practice Health & Safety codes in all aspects including handling/taking x-rays, resuscitation, emergency procedures and fire drill
- To explain treatment options/financial options to patients/parents in line with Treatment Coordinator procedure manual and be confident in payment plan options and treatment options available
- To maintain and increase competence in nursing skills by actively following a programme of continuous professional development
- To carry out any other duties requested by the employer to ensure that patients receive a high quality of patient care. To be flexible with your duties to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
What we need from you:
- Qualification in Dental or Orthodontic Nursing
- GDC Registration
- Passion for Orthodontics and delivering first-class patient care
- Additional qualifications such as Oral Health, Radiography, Impressions etc are also highly desired.
- Team player with strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Pro-active approach - Initiative with consultation
- Diligent with good written and oral communication skills
This position is advertised on an urgent basis so please do not delay your application in order to avoid disappointment, for more information contact Lauren Wilkinson.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'