A 2 year contract role to further develop your skills in applied organic synthesis and polymer chemistry for an FMCG speciality chemistry firm based in the East Yorkshire region. Are you an experienced synthetic chemist with the confidence to grab R&D projects by the scruff of the neck? If you are very much a hands-on scientist who loves working within a small team, then this Polymer Chemist position could well be for you.
Your day to day duties as Polymer Chemist will be:
- Managing your own projects in terms of synthetic chemistry development work
- The development of novel testing methods to generate data
- Plant support and production troubleshooting
- Liaising with other departments such as sales to optimise product success
- Representing the company externally at conferences, for example
A background in the following is required for the role:
- Relevant synthetic chemistry experience in the chemical manufacturing industry
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a chemistry field
- Project management experience leading to new product launch is desirable
- Any knowledge of polymer chemistry or polymer-based products is highly relevant
Please apply immediately for consideration as my client offers a highly attractive package.
For full consideration for this opportunity please apply with your CV (2 pages max., Word document format), plus your salary, location and eligibility to work in the UK details.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why would you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.
- polymers; polymer chemistry; polymer; process chemistry; organic chemistry; scale up; pilot plant; kilo lab; synthesis; synthetic; methodology; specia
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'