Order to Cash Team Member UK
Starting with a single train journey from Leicester to Loughborough in 1841, we’ve grown into a travel company that’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to take you places: not just on holiday, but in your career too.
Whether you dream of working abroad or want to help create the next marketing campaign, there’s a range of roles across our retail stores, head office, Thomas Cook Airlines and far beyond. From Product Managers to pilots, there’s one thing we all have in common: keeping the customer at our heart.
With a team of over 22,000 colleagues, operating across 15 countries, the opportunities are endless, whether you’ve worked in travel before or are looking to start a new adventure today.
Job purpose: Working within the Shared Services team the OtC Team Member shall oversee and perform the processing of information within the Order to Cash area ensuring all operational and service objectives are met in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with defined Thomas Cook operating procedures.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Assist with the daily, weekly, monthly and year end close process, including completion of journal entries, account reconciliation, intercompany reconciliation, credit analysis and variance analysis.
- Perform OtC billing with respect to the following activities:
- Create Invoice / Credit or Debit Note
- Create Interco Invoice / Credit or Debit Note
- Inform customer service when an issue needs to be resolved and help resolve posting issues, perform updates to customer mater data where requested
- Ensure open items are resolved in a timely manner
- Print invoicing documents if needed
- Generate and adjust accruals
- Statement generations and cash allocation
- Assist with query resolution including managing inbound and outbound calls / emails and cash allocations
- Aged debt reporting
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Maintain good working relationships with the OtC Team Leader and other SSC teams
- Support the OtC Team Leader in achieving process improvements
- Support the change process, driving continuous improvement through enhanced cost effectiveness and the pursuit of service excellence
- Deliver service in line with agreed controls and procedures
- Deliver service and monthly performance in accordance with the OtC Service Level Agreements
Key performance indicators:
- Assist with the delivery of operational and service objectives within OtC team in accordance with defined Thomas Cook operating procedures
- Contributes to the smooth running and motivation of OtC team through effective team working
- Contributes to the overall Finance team to continually improve operations
- Facilitate staff knowledge sharing and promote multi-skilling
- Deliver effective, timely communication to the OtC Team Leader
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Proven experience in a OtC related accounting role
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel) and SAP
- Proficiency in English
- Good analytical skills
- Results-driven, self-motivated and logical mindset
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Experience of working within OtC or other core financial process, within complex, large volume environment
- Experience of working in a shared services environment
- Working knowledge of SAP, AtCom
- Experience of working within the travel industry
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Strong experience in accounting operations, specifically accounts receivable related activities, BSc degree in Finance or Accounting
- Finance background, including good understanding of finance systems
- Working knowledge of most Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint)
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'