Oral & Maxillofacial Administrator
Job Type: Temporary
Start of the placement: Immediately
Duration: Expected to last for 2-3 months
Remote Working: No
- £11.20 - £12.35 paye per hour
- £12.55 - £13.80 paye inclusive of holiday pay per hour
- £14.25 - £15.75 umbrella per hour
All of the rates are depending on skill and experience.
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Desirable System Knowledge
- Medway PAS
- MS Office
- Med Office (preferably)
- Accurately transcribing from Winscribe digital dictation and Winscribe Speech Recognition digital dictation, outpatient clinic letters and miscellaneous clinical correspondence to a high standard with specified timescales.
- Responsible to produce discharge summaries, clinical papers, and material for publication from either audio or copy typing.
- Use judgement and initiative to prioritise the importance/urgency of requests within defined guidelines
- Undertake daily peer audit of clinical correspondence to ensure a high standard of accuracy and quality of work.
- Ability to exchange sensitive or contentious information with diplomacy and in a confidential manner.
- Liaising with outpatient administrator re.
- Appointments and necessary important clinical information to ensure patients are seen on their pathway without delay.
- Manage e-mail accounts to retrieve Inter Provider Transfers then record and take any necessary action as appropriate
- Responsible for adding/removing patients to the clients waiting list and co-ordinating/booking their admission to hospital, using hospital IT systems e.g., Medway PAS/ORMIS
- Ensure patients are added to correct waiting lists using hospital standard operating procedures, Medway PAS
- Working to agreed protocols to negotiate patient admissions for inpatient and day surgery procedures and minor procedure treatments.
- Provide appropriate confirmation letter of TCI to patient, along with any relevant supporting information.
- Ensure all relevant patient information is recorded on the Trust’s IT systems and updated accordingly in line with Trust Access Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure RTT patient data is accurate at all times
- Amend patient information and admission requirements in line with pre-operative assessment information/findings.
- Produce speciality theatre lists for multi-disciplinary scheduling meetings, attend meetings, and undertake all required follow up actions to support patient admission
- Act as the first point of contact within the Trust for patients who have enquiries regarding admission details and waiting list queries, either by email, phone, or face to face.
- Ensure adherence to the Trust Waiting List Policy with regard to National and Trust Targets for waiting times.
- Provide non-clinical advice regarding hospital admission to patients seeking further advice from the Consultants or lead nurses as required.
- Be responsible for adherence to the Trust Access Policy with regard to National and Trust Targets for waiting times
- In conjunction with the appropriate managers liaise with external healthcare providers to facilitate the timely admission of patients.
- Be responsible for identifying potential breaches against Trust waiting list targets and taking timely and appropriate action to avoid the breach, including 28-day target for cancelled ops.
- Liaise with clinical staff to ensure the availability of any specialist equipment as required.
- Ensure any patients who have not responded to letters, or do not attend pre-operative assessment clinics are contacted in line with the Trust Waiting List Policy.
- Work flexibly and provide cross cover for colleagues in the Directorate.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities, which may reasonably be required.
- Audio Typing
- General Admin
- Microsoft Office
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'