Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (+ benefits)
Our client is looking for an Oracle DBA with MS SQL Server knowledge to assist with the maintenance and support of their Oracle databases at the hosted datacentre and on-premise MS SQL Server databases. The databases are part of a HR product suite used by many blue chip organisations.
- To install Resource Link products on Windows and Unix/Linux environments both on premise and in our hosted Unix environment.
Knowledge of some or all of the following is required:
- Windows Server environments
- Unix/Linux operating systems
- Oracle Databases (dba)
- SQL Server Databases (dba)
- Unix/Linux shell commands
- Jasper Reporting Software
- Ensure that the new change initiatives introduced into the organization help to further the organizational objectives and fit in completely with its corporate vision and mission.
- Support change initiatives or projects within the organization including changes to technology and systems, changes to business processes, changes in organizational structure and job roles.
- Create conditions for a smooth transition to changes with least resistance from the employees and maximum enthusiasm to adapt to the change.
- Perform the role of a coach or mentor for senior managers of the organization to assist them in fulfilling their role as change sponsors for their respective departments and teams.
- Engage with key project teams to help them integrate their projects with crucial change management initiatives undertaken by the organization.
- Assist with the ongoing rollout of new database versions, technologies and documentation associated with the Oracle release roadmap
- Use of industry standard ServiceNow tool in order to maintain SOC1 compliant record of work
- Develop and maintain close relationships and effective communication with the client, understanding their requirements and responding to their needs
- Ensure the delivery of agreed plans of action
- Assist with the ongoing rollout of new database versions, technologies and documentation associated with the MS SQL Server release roadmap
- Migrate the Application stack onto newer releases of Windows Server
- Migrate databases from SQL Server to Oracle 12C
- Experience of both Oracle & MS SQL Server database administrations on production systems
It would be desirable if you also have:
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
- Oracle 12C working knowledge
- Evaluation and design of Windows server specification
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
This is a unique chance to build a career in a vibrant, agile and growing organization, yet one with truly global client relationships and a wide range of opportunities.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref: 22461