DBA Team Lead - Tier 1 Bank - Fleet
Overall purpose of role
The DBA Team Lead will be a key technical leader in the delivery of the payment gateway services, utilising their excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures, and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents.
As a member of the Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Oracle database services and associated Oracle support infrastructure and services are secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
The DBA Team Leader reports into the Head of Infrastructure. This role holds accountability for Oracle projects and production support to the BPS payment gateway services Smartpay -S and Smartpay -B.
- Responsible for ensuring standards are defined and in line with architectural requirements and in line with industry best practice
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents
- Adherence to the clients standards for change control, security and design patterns.
- A proven track record of managing critical infrastructure systems and services in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
- A proven track record in leading teams in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment with ability to manage multiple tasks and resources.
- Excellent customer skills for direct interaction with internal and external teams.
- Define operational procedures and documentation to ensure a consistently delivery of services in a dynamic environment.
- Define quality standards in the deployment and support of Oracle and Oracle support services that underpin all BPS services
- Lead and define the DBA delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
- Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the Oracle roadmap
- Support the architect and product teams in developing the Oracle roadmap.
- Identify new technologies and services to transform the Oracle service offering
- Mentor the global technical team to build a high-performing technical delivery environment
- Expert knowledge of database administration on distributed platforms
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in multiple versions of oracle 11g, 12c plus strong working knowledge of at least one other database technology
- Expert knowledge of RMAN, Data Guard, OEM, Audit Vault, plus third-party products such as Foglight, Precise, Imperva
- Demonstrable experience of database performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of a Tier 1 Banks infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Oracle certified Professional (OCP) - Oracle 12c or 11g
Oracle Certified Data Guard Expert - Oracle 12c or 11g
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Oracle Certified Performance Tuning Expert - Oracle 12c or 11g
Oracle Certified Maximum Availability Expert - Oracle 12c or 11g
Oracle GoldenGate 12c Implementation Specialist - Oracle 12c or 11g
- Database Administration
- Performance Tuning