Oracle DBA / Database Administrator - 6 months - Barrhead / Glasgow
£350 - £475 per day
Experienced Oracle DBA / Database Administrator required to act as a lead resource in the delivery of data management with a public sector client. Your role will include the creation and maintenance of databases required for development, testing, and production, capacity planning, tuning, installation of new versions of Oracle RDBMS and SQL, provision of technical support to application teams and the creation of new users as required.
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle database Server 11g & 12c Administration, maintenance and cloning databases
- Knowledge and experience of SQL Server 2008, 2012 & 2014 Administration, Maintenance Plans and SQL Job setup including cloning
- Knowledge and experience of writing, understanding and trouble-shooting Unix Korn Shell scripts, Windows batch scripts and PowerShell scripts and using MKS Toolkit
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Server 2008 & 2012 especially set up of Task Scheduler jobs and windows file shares
- Knowledge and experience of Progress database and running progress scripts from tramlines would be highly desirable
- Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate issued in the last 12 months
Candidates must be available for an immediate start.
NB - this role falls inside IR35
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.
- Database Administrator
- Oracle DBA
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job