Oracle DBA lll/Oracle Database/Linux/Swansea
A successful legal software solutions firm are looking to recruit an Oracle Database Administrator on a permanent basis, this role is to be based in Swansea.
The ideal candidate will have experience with building and maintaining high-availability and high-performance database environments. The main purpose of this role will be to perform database server processing within Linux and Oracle environments.Work will involve installing, configuring, maintaining, and managing Oracle RAC Database environments.
- Proactively monitor databases and servers for uptime and performance
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Establish and maintain documentation and standards
- Implement and maintain all aspects of database security
- Design, implement, and maintain Oracle databases
- Perform database refreshes, cloning, backup, and recovery
- Perform software and security upgrades to databases where appropriate
- Use scripts to automate routine tasks and gather data for performance tuning
- Monitor server and application security
- Monitor server and database logs
- Perform advanced problem determination and root-cause-analysis
- Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans, project plans
Required skills for this position include Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Linux, SQL, and performance tuning. This resource will be part of a small team responsible for 24x365 management of a multi-terabyte Oracle Database environment spread over multiple data centers in and out of the United States. It is also essential that you have a minimum of 5 years' hands-on experience with Oracle Database and a minimum of 3 years' experience in Linux.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Professional certification(s) preferred such as OCP, CompTIA Linux+, LPIC-1, or RHCE
If you are interested in this position and are keen to hear more, please do not hesitate in sending your CV.
- Legal Software
- Oracle RAC