Oracle Database Administrator III - UK
The Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for configuring, administering, and maintaining the
Oracle database environments in a RAC configuration. Responsibilities include database and application upgrades, patching, security, troubleshooting and issue resolution, backup procedures and performance tuning. In addition, DBA’s will provide support and direction to developers and other support personnel as needed. Daily responsibilities include monitoring production environment, providing acceptable system performance, and assuring data is protected and recoverable as required. Provide mentorship and direction to Oracle Database Administrator I-II as necessary.
- Perform business process analysis and testing to support information technology solutions for use in administrative areas of the client.
- Assist in the configuration, setup and testing of Oracle and related tools to meet the business process.
- Define end-user requirements, define application functionality, lead cross-team testing and implementation activities, and coordinate quality assurance activities.
- Document "as is" and "to be" business processes using standard process modeling tools. Identify opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Manage the development of functional specifications by collaborating with process owners; gathering business requirements; creating functional specifications; and identifying, documenting, and resolving design issues.
- Compare functional specifications to functionality in commercial off-the-shelf software to identify appropriate matches.
- Manage the testing and quality assurance process.
- Collaborate with developers and end-users to ensure that application functionality meets client needs, test solutions, problem-solve issues, coordinate enhancements.
- Lead the quality assurance activities for applications, including creation and execution of test plans, coordination of cross-team testing activities, and communication of test results.
- Assist with development and delivery of training to end users.
- Assist with communication planning/delivery and departmental readiness planning.
- Develop and support ad-hoc reports as needed to support other duties, using reporting and query tools.
- Must have Oracle R12 implementation experience with AR, AP, GL, FA, e-biz tax (essential)
- Must be proficient Oracle E-Business Suite v 12.1
- Good understanding of R11 and R12 differences to provide innovative solutions.
- Must have completed at least 3 full life cycle Oracle Application implementations-with
- experience in at least 5 out of the 9 following areas:
- E-business suite General Ledger
- E-business suite Accounts Receivables
- E-business suite Accounts Payables
- E-business suite Advanced Collections
- E-business suite Cash Management
- E-business suite Fixed Asset
- E-business suite Purchasing
- E-business suite Projects
- E-business suite I-procurement
- E-business suite Inventory
- Must possess Solid configuration experience within Oracle Financials
- Experience using desktop applications, including MS Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to interact and work with offshore teams
- Excellent communication , analytical and problem solving skills
- An accounting qualification (ACCA, AAT) / Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is highly desirable
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'