£44,000 - £55,000 + 10% Bonus & Excellent Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Please note - applications for this role close at midday on Wednesday 7th March 2018.
This is a specialist technical role where you'll be supporting the business in the implementation of new reporting and dashboard capabilities using Oracle tools - specifically, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). Working in partnership with our Finance, Customer, Operations and Product Management teams, you'll take the lead on the development, testing and delivery of business solutions using OBIEE and ODI functionality, as well as being responsible for ongoing performance tuning, optimisation and software upgrades associated with the OBIEE and ODI systems.
You'll also be responsible for a range of other activities including:
• leading OBIEE project delivery teams where necessary, which may include in-house specialists as well as 3rd party resources;
• monitoring new OBIEE product features to ensure these can be appropriately exploited and utilised by Phoenix;
• maintaining a robust control environment for OBIEE and ODI, ensuring all changes adhere to release management standards and company-wide control frameworks;
• coordinating code reviews and quality assurance activities as appropriate; and
• developing and delivering training activities in the use of OBIEE for Phoenix's functional user community.
What we're looking for:
As an experienced IT professional with a Bachelors or Masters level degree in an IT discipline, you'll need to be highly numerate and have had exposure to a wide range of Oracle and Unix tools and technology. More specifically, you'll need to have a strong level of experience in the following areas:
• Proven delivery and implementation of Oracle data warehousing and reporting solutions across multiple project lifecycles;
• Experience of OBIEE 12c reports and RPD development;
• Familiarity with Oracle Data Visualisation and Smart View;
• Dimensional modelling knowledge and experience;
• Extensive experience of data warehouse design & development within ODI 11g/12c;
• A strong understanding of ODI data loads and code migrations, including associated version control and documentation activities;
• Familiarity with Agile/RAD methodologies;
• Good experience in BI-DWH performance tuning; and
• Strong experience with Oracle databases including proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL.
We'll also expect you to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrable ability to build strong partnerships with senior colleagues and external partners. You'll be confident with explaining technical information to a non-technical audience and able to collaborate with a wide range of business users to understand and interpret their requirements, in order to ensure your specialist knowledge of OBIEE and ODI systems is put to the best possible use across the organisation.
The Phoenix Group is unique - as the largest UK consolidator of closed life assurance funds, we protect the interests of over 6 million policyholders, with assets under management of over £75 billion. Careers with Phoenix Group are different; if you’re looking for intellectually challenging work with one of Britain’s Top Employers in an unrivalled environment, we might just be the place for you!
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 7th March 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job