Great opportunity for a candidate with outstanding qualifications and passion that corresponds with amazing culture and exceptional customer journey.
The UK's market leading organisation that provides its teams with great flexible environment and career progression perspectives. It values long-term relationships with both its teams and customers.
Sunday Times Top 10 best companies to work for!
- speak to patients to get detailed case histories from them;
- examine patient's eyes to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects;
- fit spectacles or contact lenses;
- offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters;
- offer help and advice to patients when choosing frames and lenses;
- meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- manage the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products;
- administer, organise and plan the development of the practice;
- manage and prescribe medicines for people with eye conditions;
- clinical decision-making skills and an ability to use your professional judgement;
- excellent communication skills to deal with a range of people;
- strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to put anxious patients at ease;
- the ability to understand and apply scientific principles and methods;
- confidence in using complex equipment;
- team work and leadership skills;
- manual dexterity, precision and accuracy;
- good organisation and administrative skills;
- attention to detail;
- patience to carry out repetitive tasks;
- you must be registered with the GOC.
The client is offering a full time contract and market leading benefits package includes an amazing pension, flexible benefits and fantastic salary based on skills and experience.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
- Fully-qualified Optometrist with great leadership skills