Heart Healthcare are currently accepting applications for an Optometrist in a well-respected private hospital group based in Guildford.
37.5 hours per week, Mon- Sat
No late nights or Sundays
£37,750 to £57,750 salary + 10% annual salary bonus
Private Medical Insurance included
4% Pension Scheme (can increase)
Our clients passion is eyes- and their reputation speaks for itself as they are now the UK’s most trusted Ophthalmology service provider.
With their very own eye sciences department- which is constantly researching new technologies- they also partnering with leading UK universities across the country searching for the next best thing for patients.
Purpose of Post
- You will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, working alongside Consultants/ Surgeons on pre/ post consults, assessing the suitability of patients for ophthalmic surgery.
- You’ll supporting Consultants/ Surgeons in their ongoing research as well as conducting your own and company-interest research.
- Producing clinical training material, deliver presentations on the various disciplines to support all members of relevant staff.
- Support the eye sciences research division, you’ll produce data on the outcomes of treatments undertaken at the hospital.
- You’ll identify unexpected variance in clinical outcomes, complaint rates or other issues relating to patient safety or satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Running acute and follow up clinics post-surgery for all patients.
- Discussing patients’ suitability for treatment in a professional, friendly and ethical manner, making recommendations to patients and Consultants regarding patients’ eligibility for treatment.
- To be the first point of advice and support to patients attending the hospital, following up referrals to medical practitioners if needed
- Work with management to drive and sustain business development opportunities for both sites.
- Enforcing maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures to reduce cross infection.
- Investigate potential changing needs within the hospital and be prepared to instigate change.
- Stay up to date with and be an information point on the current developments in ophthalmic surgery.
- To ensure that all CET points are kept up to date and comply with all relevant professional guidelines, standards and regulations.
- To take an active part in teaching within the hospital, participate in induction programmes for new colleagues and the maintenance of a supportive learning environment.
- You’ll need to be a qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC.
- Though experience is preferred, it is not necessary- full support is given for newly qualified candidates.
- You’ll be a strong decision maker, able to set key goals for yourself and others, working toward and improving these objective outcomes
- You’ll be able to deal with challenging behaviours, handling situations with a commercial approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
To apply for this fantastic role simply apply below for more information. Your next job is just a few clicks away!
Optometrist, Ophthalmic, Private Hospital, Hospital, Ophthalmic, Ophthalmology, Operating, Opto, Eyes, Private
- Eye Surgery
- Eye Treatments