Opto-Mechanical Engineer / Optomechanical Engineer
Can you picture yourself working for a forward-thinking, innovative start-up with a revolutionary technology?
Would you like to be part of a growing, ambitious and driven team?
An Optomechanical Engineer with an MSc / PhD in Mechanical Engineering and experience designing mechanical parts is needed by LIG Technologies, a rising scientific instruments company, based in Manchester.
Passionate about developing cutting-edge nano-technologies, in particular for microscopy, we recently launched our first product - the world’s most powerful optical microscope - and built the world’s first virtual imaging nanoscope - key to a wide variety of applications in scientific research.
Having gained global media coverage for our world-first 400x objective lens, we are looking to expand our commercial networks in the wake of our successful launch.
About the role:
As our Optomechanical Engineer, you will assemble and lead the production of world leading microscopes, providing engineering expertise to bear on both the manufacturing and R&D sides of the business. This will include meeting manufacturing targets whilst advising the rest of the engineering team on optimal product setups.
This is a fast-moving company with significant potential to learn, grow and take on responsibility.
- MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in 3D design modelling and good skills in CAD designing software (e.g. SolidWorks, Creo Parametric)
- Capabilities in mechanical drawings from prototyping to production (suitable for 3D printing or CNC machining)
- Experience designing mechanical parts
- Understanding in assessing manufactured parts against quality standards
- Experience collaborating with vendors/ machining workshops to solve problems encountered during manufacturing processes
- System level thinking with cross disciplinary interactions (optics, electronics, artistic drawing etc)
- Skills in 3D drawing and in maintenance of a bill of materials
- Experience with optical components or academic / industry specialism in optics
- Practical experience in assembling mechanical and optomechanical components
- Basic knowledge and skills of optical design and knowledge of injection moulding
- Understanding/ experience of CE and ISO standards
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 per annum + chances to learn, grow and take on responsibilities
If you are an Optomechanical Engineer looking to join our multicultural team of highly talented engineers to work on innovative projects in an exciting and rapidly evolving environment, we would love to hear from you!
Click APPLY now if this sounds of interest.