Optics Development Engineer
£35-40K + Annual Bonus + Excellent benefits
We have an excellent opportunity for an Optics Development engineer to join a world leading developer of innovative optical equipment, used in various industries.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary R&D team, at the company’s global manufacturing plant in London. As an Optics Engineer you would be responsible for the development of new prototype optical systems, conducting research in potential new technologies as well as providing support for current production systems.
Optics Engineer responsibilities:
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary R&D team including computer vision, electronics, software and mechanical engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering novel prototype optical systems.
- Conduct research into new potential technologies.
- Write prototype software to provide analysis tools.
- Use optical analysis tools to design new optical components.
- Provide support and advice to internal customers and departments
Experience required for the Optics Development Engineer
- A good degree in physics with further experience in the form of a PhD or industrial research in the field of optics or optical design. All levels will be considered for this role (from Junior to Senior)
- A track record of successfully undertaking research projects either in industry and/or academia (e.g. postgraduate / PhD level).
- Aptitude towards hands on work to assist with prototype builds and to ensure that designs are fit for purpose.
- Experience in methodical problem solving, both theoretically and empirically.
- Expert user of Zemax or similar
- Experience in optical design for lighting and imaging systems would be an advantage
To apply to this role, or find out about any other optics engineer roles, please forward your CV to Max Kadim
- Optical Engineering
- Optical Sensors
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job