This role will be pivotal in the design and development of fibre-optic components for a company who are creating world leading products which are used in a multitude of different industries. Working within a small team you will provide key expertise on the fundamentals of fibre optics working on component design, development and application. The role sits within the R&D team who are currently working on several major projects related to the introduction of new products being released into market. Responsibilities with the role will include:
- Creating ideas and development methods for the fabrication of fibre-optic components.
- Playing a key link on the development of products into manufacturing which is done on site.
- Working with customers and suppliers to understand specification, design and compliance issues.
- Being involved in the design of fibre-optic components.
- Designing optical test rigs for the verification and validation of components.
For this role candidates will need to have:
- A degree or PhD in a Physics or optics related field.
- Candidates will be considered at all levels from recent PhD graduates to experienced engineers with a strong understanding or background of working with fibre-optic components or lasers.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with engineers and scientists at all levels.
This is a great role for a candidate driven by technology and innovation with the chance to learn from some of the best engineers within an industry which has huge growth potential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'