SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
We are looking for a Optical Assistant Trainer to support the design and delivery of training programmes across all SpaMedica sites ensuring competency, regulation obligations and return on investment. This is a mobile role and you will be expected to travel to all sites for training of new and existing clinical staff and new site set up. You will cover the Chelmsford, Bedford and Peterborough.
- To act as a mentor to new and existing members of the clinical team overseeing induction, training programmes and competency sign off.
- Identifying and assessing future and current training needs for teams.
- SpaMedica brand ambassador for best practice and sharing of information in the most appropriate vehicle for delivering the respective training.
- Design and delivery of training competencies.
- Promote training and the training facilities to managers and encourage professional development.
- Site audits to identify training requirements across all sites.
- Embrace quality training and maintain training records to the highest standard and update training matrices.
- Deliver high quality learning programme in terms of content, structure and assessment support.
- Develop and agree learning objectives with employees.
- Monitoring, measuring and adapting teaching / training programmes for maximum effectiveness to ensure learning objectives are achieved.
- Delivery of induction process, ensuring quality on-boarding for all new starters.
- Liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Produce accurate and timely management information.
- Supporting new site opening and settling of new staff and their training requirements within new hospitals.
- Maintaining professional development
So what can we offer you?
- £24,000 per annum salary
- Up to 5% annual personal performance related bonus
- Annual company performance related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases
- 37.5 hours working week
- 20 days holiday (28 days including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous training and development
Experience and Knowledge
- Training experience in a busy multi-site business.
- Proven work experience as a trainer.
- Experience of biometry and A Scan training
- Experience of prescriptions and ocular conditions
- Experience of theatre Health Care Assistant training preferably in ophthalmology
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Qualified trainer.
- Ophthalmic training experience.
- ALS / BLS training qualification.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply now, or call our recruitment team to have an informal chat about SpaMedica and this role
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'