Our client provides lease vehicles to corporate and consumer customers - 90% of the customers are consumers (general public). They cover all aspects of leasing and provide vehicles for anything from 1 month to 2 years.
They have grown phenomenally over the last couple of years and now need someone to support debt collection who reports directly into the MD. For the right person training will be given - so a credit control background is not essential. Training can be given.
Based in Send the person will need a car to get there and there is ample parking. The offices are based in an old barn so a very nice setting. In total a team of 8 - small friendly environment so would need to fit in well with a small team. Here the team is collaborative and all pull together, so you would need to be a good team player - things like moving cars, collecting cars from locations, supporting other sin the team.
The duties look like this:
- Working from a busy debtors list - making call after call to try to secure money back into the business to clear debt
- 80% of the role is credit control - so expect to be literally on the phone for 6 hours a day
- You will be liaising with individual consumers - negotiating with them to either pay their bill or return the car
- If you discover PCNs have been accrued by the customer you will be raising invoices, issuing invoices and then chasing that debt
- Reporting to the MD you will be providing regular updates - positive and negative to keep him in the loop - he is very involved in this side of the business
- You will be predominantly speaking to individuals regarding one off hires, but you could also be speaking to corporate firms
- All work will be carried out using SAGE and Excel - grounding in MS Office is essential - SAGE can be trained
- You will have clear targets of revenue to bring in each week and a clear direction as to where to go and who to call. They have great success with pulling in outstanding debt, so the training you receive will develop you well
- On days where not so busy you will be involved in general accounts support and general administration.
Key competencies for this role include:
- The ability to work under pressure in a sometimes demanding environment and remain calm
- Target driven and challenge focused with a positive attitude
- Diligent in your approach - taking pride in the outcomes you produce
- Collaborative - a good team player
- Good telephone skills - confident and assertive
- A car owner/driver - you cannot reach this location without a car
Hours are 9-530 and the role will pay up to #24k max - depending on experience
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. March Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
- Credit Control