Our client provides a specialist world-class executive search and advisory services to companies within the financial services industry. With an exemplary work ethic and unrivalled knowledge of the governance and controls functions, they are dedicated to enhancing their clients’ leadership capabilities in these areas.
They have an outstanding track record as they consistently help their clients to hire and develop effective leaders in the fields of risk, audit, compliance and finance. Their success in these areas has resulted in them becoming a search firm of choice in London and one of the leading firms in the UK, serving clients on a national and international level.
With a team of 8 working out of London and Weybridge they are now looking to expand the team. This role will be based in the Weybridge office, but there will be occasional days in London required (typically once every couple of weeks).
The purpose of the role is to provide full support to one of the Directors who is snowed under with work. He runs structured, retained mandates at a senior level. He needs a really competent assistant to provide all round support and assisting him with this work load.
The right person will be given the opportunity to work through the business with the aim of moving into a client facing Headhunting and Consulting role as the depth of your sector knowledge increases. This could be achieved through a combination of both "ondesk" market exposure and over time senior exposure and strategic involvement in the consulting and research process.
Your role would involve mapping, tracking assignments, approaching, and initial telephone screening where appropriate. You may also attend client meetings with one of our Directors to discuss and present work. You will also assist with report preparation - we provide detailed long-list and short-list reports to our clients, which need to be immaculately prepared.
You will be fully immersed into researching for retained roles using all of the resources available within the business. The right person will be extremely reliable, able to work using initiative, and will pay attention to detail.
The typical profile of a successful candidate would include:
- Good standard of education
- A high level of commercial acumen with any previous experience in a commercial environment post University being an advantage
- Ideally have exposure and experience in financial services, and an awareness of the culture in the City
- An analytical thinking process coupled with a polished and well-rounded communication technique
- Exceptional rapport-building skills and the ability to excel from day one in a commercial, professional and driven environment
- The gravitas and confidence to deal with very senior level candidates
- A strong drive to build a career in retained executive search within an industry respected firm
Hours 830-530 Monday to Friday
- commercial awareness
- business degree
- Career focused
- exposure to financial services
- Exposure to City
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job