Our client is looking for a good general Nurse to look after patient’s pre and postoperatively. At least 2 years experience.
The role involves some ophthalmic diagnostic testing, as well as assisting the surgeon in the theatre.
Hours: 42 hours a week including a 1-hour lunch break. Shifts are typically 7:30-16:00, 08:30-17:00, 09:00-17:30 or
Role and Responsibilities:
- The ability to set personal goals above prescribed goals
- The ability to deal with high-stress environments in a pro-active manner
- The ability to differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and prioritise and complete multiple tasks
- Excellent time management
- The need to demonstrate flexibility, including duties, hours of work, breaks, working conditions, working with team members, protocols and procedures, updates in knowledge etc.
- An openness to change, growth, and take on greater levels of responsibility and performance
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively, calmly and compassionately, during various points of contact with patients and staff alike
- Pre and post-operative ophthalmic testing
- Administer and dispensing eye drops
- Education on how to use drops
- Assisting the surgeon in surgery
- Ordering of medical supplies
- Stock takes
- Following Care Quality Commission standards
- Correspondence with patients
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing and to hold a valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A self-starter, capable of working within a team with minimal supervision
- Clerical and administrative experience using computers
- Working Knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to speak a second language will be advantages, but not necessary
#generalnurse #nurse #ophthalmicnurse #vision #nursing #ophthalmic
If this is the role for you, then please get in touch today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'