£25,000 to £33,000
Ophthalmic Nurse required for a private hospital in Surrey which is part of a large network of ophthalmic hospitals in the UK. This hospital is rated GOOD with CQC and is very reputable within the locality. This service provides a comprehensive range of ophthalmic services to adults including refractive, plastic and retinal diagnostic and surgical day services and ophthalmic disease management.
As an Ophthalmic Nurse, you will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the ophthalmic service with the following key responsibilities: -
- Pro-actively identify potential problems during the patients' clinical pathway that require Consultant / Surgeon input.
- Prepare patients for / provide scrub assistance for clinical / operative procedures (as appropriate to the role)
- Provide pre and post-operative instructions to patients / carers.
- Administer drugs and treatments.
- To assist with the organisation of notes and hospital lists to ensure safe and smooth running of hospital schedules.
- Ensure relevant levels of stock are available.
- Develop skills and undertake training to carry out diagnostic tests or procedures.
You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Saturday. In addition, you will assist in maintaining the 'out of hours' emergency patient service.
To be successful in this role, you will be / have: -
- Registered General Nurse with current NMC registration
- One year post qualification nursing experience
- Pre, post and peri operative experience
- Qualification in ophthalmology or peri operative care (desirable) SALARY WILL BE REFLECTIVE
- Previous experience in ophthalmology, theatre, general surgery or outpatients (desirable)SALARY WILL BE REFLECTIVE
£25,000 - £33,000 DOE plus incentives after probation including private medical insurance, life assurance, pension and discount vouchers / programmes.
***RELOCATION PACKAGE CAN ALSO BE AVAILABLE***
KEYWORDS: Registered General Nurse, Registered Nurse, Ophthalmic Nurse, Theatre Nurse, Outpatients Nurse, Surrey, MEDICAL AND NURSING