We are recruiting for a well known company based in the centre of Belfast. This growing company are seeking a permanent Ophthalmic Nurse to work full time. This is a great opportunity to progress within your career.
Ophthalmic Nurse The Role:
- You will provide care for patients suffering from disorders of the eye.
- Working under the direct supervision of a licensed ophthalmologist, the ophthalmic nurse works to diagnose and treat various diseases that affect the human eye such as cataracts, partial or full blindness, eye trauma and glaucoma.
- Provide pre-operative care and prepare patients to undergo eye surgery.
- Responsible for gathering patients medical histories and performing pre-op assessments to develop a better understanding of the patients health profile prior to surgery.
- Aware of a patients allergies and medical conditions helps ensure a smooth surgical procedure without any surprises that the doctor and nurse aren't prepared for.
- Before the surgery takes place the ophthalmic nurse will provide the patient with some basic education about the procedure itself and the post-operative expectations.
- During the eye surgery you will assist the surgeon by maintaining a sterile surgical environment, preparing the patient in the correct position, handing the surgeon various surgical instruments and monitoring the patients vital signs.
Ophthalmic Nurse Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Certified Ophthalmic Registered Nurses
- Excellent clinical assessment skills
- Patient-focused approach
- Strong leadership qualities
- Computer literate with good communication skills
- Good counselling and organisational skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
Salary will depend on experience and will be highly competitive with company benefits. Please note some Saturday work will also be required.
To apply please submit your CV via the apply button
- Ophthalmic Nurse