Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit an Operator who will take care of the Preparation, Spraying and in - process inspection of customer product.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- To prepare customer product for spraying including cleaning, masking and blasting, ability to read customer technical drawings and use of micrometers is desirable
- Operate semi automatic equipment using predetermined programmes
- HVOF Spraying of Customer product
- Plasma Spraying of customer product
- Sealing process of customer product
- Maintain required control of jigging / fixtures to ensure readily available and placed in correct designated area
- Stock control of powder and ensure stored in neat and tidy manner
- Stripping of coating from Jigs / fixtures
- Goods Inwards inspection of received product
- In process inspection of customer product
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment
- The correct use of company documentation
- Movement of work to the correct designated areas around the shop floor
- Monitoring and reporting on all material affecting processing
- Keeping the work environment clean and tidy and practising good House keeping
- Ensure machines / Spray Booth’s are operated according to site and manufacturers recommendations
- Evaluation Criteria - All tasks competence level as detailed
In House Reworks
Education, Skills and Experience
- Thermal spray experience
- Metrology experience
- Engineering experience
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 31st March 2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job