Job Title: Operator
To provide high levels of customer service and operational support to the branch client base by processing and monitoring shipments.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system.
- Provide operational support for the Freight Account Managers when required.
- To liaise with all relevant parties throughout the shipment to organise the movement of goods
- To deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Freight Account Manager is updated
- To process sales and purchase invoices of the branch
- Working at all times to enable and develop a team culture
- Completing any reasonable task requested of you by your supervisor/manager in a timely manner.
- When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
Your skills and experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Secondary school education or equivalent with ability to use Maths and English to an operational and professional standard
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>