Operating from 20 sites across the UK & Ireland, Stericycle is a global business and widely recognised as the UK’s leading healthcare waste specialist. Built on unrivalled levels of knowledge and expertise, we’re the clear leader in the delivery of safe, compliant and sustainable solutions to an ever-increasing customer base.
Salary: Competative + Bonus
Hours: Average 42 Hours p.w. | 4 on 4 off (Day & Night shifts)
This is a hands-on role based at our Ilkeston Transfer Station, where you will assist in the day to day operation of the transfer station. The Operative will be responsible for the receipt, and dispatch of clinical waste in line with company and legislative requirement, whilst maintaining the highest standards of Health & Safety throughout, your duties will involve:
- To receive, manage and transfer out clinical waste within the facility.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed in line with Company procedure and legislation
- To work in all areas of the facility.
- To ensure bins are clean and serviceable and carry out maintenance of clinical waste bins
- To ensure waste is properly segregated on arrival and dispatch to and from the facility
- To load bulk waste trailers to meet the needs of the facility
- To load and unload waste into bins and containers to meet the needs of the facility
- Use and operate the waste tracking systems that are used by the company
- To ensure the highest standards of quality are maintained.
- To maintain a safe working environment.
- To work alongside outlined Standard Operational Procedures.
- To observe Health & Safety Regulations, other relevant legislation and safe working practices.
- To report equipment faults and defects of any nature to the site management and rectify where possible.
- To assist in the training of new employees to the department.
- All other duties deemed reasonable to carry out duties with the job role.
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate:
- Good level of Physical fitness
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to manage time and complete multi tasks in line with timescales
- Self motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Able to work effectively under pressure
We welcome applications from anybody who considers they match the requirements of the post, irrespective of gender, race or disability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'