J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Ground Worker – Seven Trent AMP 7 - Birmingham
Are you an experienced Ground Worker looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you, we have multiple opportunities with immediate starts across the Birmingham and Midlands area to work on Seven Trent AMP 7. Working as the Ground worker/Pipe Layer or in a deep drainage gang you will assist with groundworks on site and will be involved with a range of duties from pipe laying, concreting, Deep Drainage and Street works etc.
Severn Trent Water (STW) Capital Delivery Framework for the 7 successful LOT 1 Contractors comprises of a multidisciplinary programme of works covering, Clean & Wastewater Treatment, Infrastructure and, Reactive works across its vast region. STW has received 'Fast Track' status from OFWAT and are thus 1 of 3 Water Utilities proceeding from 1 April 2020 with their AMP 7 Programme of works.
For LOT1 contractors this will be a share of around £1.5bn over the next 5 years. The Framework has within it a provision to extend the contract to eight years based on performance. Call - Off Orders based on NEC4 Options A, C or E forms of contract selected as appropriate for given projects or batches of work
• To undertake assigned activities under the direction of the Supervisor or Team Leader.
• Be enthusiastic & committed to the team’s purpose and share responsibility for performance. Ensure all work is completed to the appropriate levels of safety, quality & cost.
• Producing the deliverables/products to agreed specifications.
• To take care of any safety equipment / tools provided and ensure they are used correctly.
• Work as part of a team & contribute towards successful communication & positive.
• Previous Groundwork experience is essential in some or all of the following areas:
• Deep Drainage
• Pipe Laying
• Highways & Street works
• Valid CSCS card – essential
• CPCS/ NPORS Dumper – preferable but not essential
• EUSR Water Hygiene - Desirable
• NRSWA Training - Desirable
• Good attitude towards Health & Safety
• Good communications skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'