Please note that this a 3 month fixed term contract.
It’s exciting times here at Boots! Due to recent expansion, we are recruiting a number of Warehouse Operatives to join our Boots Support Service team based in Preston.
Our Boots Dispensing Support Pharmacy provides an efficient and unique dispensing support service for Boots stores where you’ll support stores to ensure that patients receive the right medicines on time, and help store colleagues provide complete care to their customers. Patient safety is at the heart of everything we do and as such there is a requirement for high standards of compliance with operating procedures and for order and quality.
Working in a fast paced environment the operation is efficient, modern and supported by automation and technology. You will be part of a team that picks and assembles orders for our stores to a high level of accuracy. As a warehouse colleague you’ll need to be able to work at pace and demonstrate both thoroughness and attention to detail. Full training will be provided.
The Pharmacy is located at Walton Summit Preston and is co-located as part of the Alliance Boots group.
If you’re looking for a unique job opportunity then this role might be just what you're looking for! You'll have the opportunity to blend your experience and skills with cutting edge technology, working with a large dedicated team in a highly automated registered Pharmacy.
We’re also looking for really great people. It’s all about working together as one team – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business. We’re looking for a team player who has great attention to detail and takes a huge amount of pride in the work that they do.
What will you be doing day to day:
- Assembling and labelling patient medications
- Supporting and coaching workstation colleagues
- Stock picking and packing
- Putting away stock
- Clearing waste and general housekeeping
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced environment
- Experience within warehousing, production or pharmacy would be advantageous but isn’t essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Punctuality and timekeeping are essential
- Good organisational, planning and people skills
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Your safety within the workplace is paramount therefore you’ll need to work in a safe manner with the safety of colleagues in mind at all times.
The DSP operates Monday through Saturday, 6am – 10pm.
Our part-time contracts are for a minimum of 22.5hrs (3 full days of 7.5 hrs) and our full-time contracts are for a minimum 37.5hrs (5 full days of 7.5hrs).
Applicants will need to be available for a shift every Saturday for both contract types, and successful applicants will be required to work between 6am – 2pm and 2pm-10pm shift patterns.
Applicants must be available to work at least 22.5 hours per week to be considered for this role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'