FCC Environment, part of the FCC Group, have a requirement for an Operative to work day shifts on a 9-month fixed term contract at our Energy from waste facility.
About the role
You will be responsible as part of a team for the safe, compliant and efficient operation of but not limited to the weighbridge, main tipping hall and stores at the Lincolnshire EFW plant.
Your duties will include:
- Driving heavy plant machinery (front loader), operation of overhead cranes, tele-handler and any other machinery on site.
- Working within a team ensuring the traffic management on site is carried out in accordance with FCC procedures.
- Complying with FCC's safe system of work at all times.
- Assist in the operation of the Lincoln plant within environmental compliance at all times.
- Carry out front line maintenance and housekeeping tasks on site to ensure plant availability is maintained.
- Carry out other duties identified from time to time ensuring objectives are achieved in the operation of Lincoln EfW.
Experince and Skills
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, front loader machinery and tele-handler and weighbridge. Training will be provided
- Experience of a professional and disciplined approach to management, working alongside operational teams ensuring performance expectations, service standards and people development are met.
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office packages. Training will be provided on the use of site specific software such as weighbridge reporting and MMS.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Completion of stage 1 Health and safety course, the duty of care course and all relevant vehicle licenses.
- Demonstrable skills in achieving demanding work requirements and ensuring customer needs are met.
- Evidence of the ability to identify and implement change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements.
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. Our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centers
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
- Waste Processing –industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Operator role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.