Our client currently has a vacancy for an Operator to work within the Zealand Planning section of the Scandinavian Groupage Department at Scandinavia House, Harwich.
The main purpose of the role is to meet customer's requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the Company.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following key tasks:
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
• Collate all bookings and plan trailers to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the service schedule and to meet the customers’ requirements.
• Plan vehicles to be used, assessing any subcontractors? Ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
• Liaise with their other Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
• Communicate with drivers to ensure issues are resolved promptly
• Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
• Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
• Prepare correct documentation to the Warehouse/Haulage/Distribution/Shipping department for loading/off-loading cargo to vehicles, in a timely manner, ensuring all hazardous requirements are met.
• Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, filing, fulfil month end requirements including costmatch and or ametas.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
• In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers’ needs or requirements to the best effective use of all resources, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job