Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: Up to £55k dependent on experience
About the company:
This is a fantastic time to join West Midlands Trains. We operate services in and around the West Midlands, now called West Midlands Railway (WMR) and services from the North West to London, now called London Northwestern Railway (LNR). As part of our commitment to improving the experience our passengers we are investing over £700m in new and refurbished trains making journey quicker and more comfortable.
Duties of the Operations Trainer:
- Deliver training as required throughout the business
- Ensure training material is compliant with group standards
- Responsible for delivery of operations training
- Deliver core rules training for Drivers and other Delivery Staff and Shunters
- Deliver Personal Track Safety Training
- Liaise with Training Programme Development Manager to ensure development of training modules for colleagues in all front line delivery functions
- Assist in the delivery of simulator training for colleagues within the front line delivery teams.
- Ensure adoption of best practice in training approaches
- To deliver training projects to agreed deadlines
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive evaluation of all training delivered
- Assess knowledge and report on delegate achievement in core programmes
- Assist in competency assessments to support the delivery of qualifications
- Provide support for other Academy training programmes as required
- Maintain own knowledge of rail industry requirements standards and best practice.
- Maintain own knowledge & assessment for relevant operational competence
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and post and as required
Requirements of the Operations Trainer:
- Previous operational experience within the Driver grade is essential
- Training experience including delivery of programmes
- Understanding of West Midlands Trains retail systems including Tribute & Avantix
- Knowledge of West Midlands Trains operations and geography
- Good communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Organised, flexible, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of office software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Trainer or Coaching & Instructional qualification
- Holder of A1 and/or A2 qualification or equivalent
- Holder of a European Driving license would be an advantage
- Rules & Regulations Competence to the designated standard
- Successful completion of Personal Track Safety Training
- West Midlands Trains Induction programme attendance
Operations Trainer Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Free travel on Abellio trains for you, your partner and dependent children
- 75% discount on all other train travel over most of the UK rail network
- Development opportunities to help further your career with West Midlands Trains
- A contributory defined salary pension.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Operations Trainer role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"