To oversee the day-to-day operations of the largest Business Unit within Thornbury Nursing Services. You will have full line-management responsibility for our 24 hour contact centre team including performance management, setting and monitoring stretching KPI’s, recruitment of new team members, training and mentoring.
- Provide single point line management for the Bristol Placement Team.
- Set stretching KPIs that align with the company’s vision and budget
- Utilise demand analysis to determine proactive and reactive actions.
- Work closely with the recruitment and compliance teams to ensure business growth.
- Monitor and develop performance of individual team members and provide on-going support and training.
- Translate senior management direction into operational success.
- Manage work flow of placement team on a shift by shift basis; ensuring daily tasks are allocated according to demand.
- Collate and analyse business demands and trends to determine weekly and monthly team focus.
- Work in conjunction with the National Training Manager to provide induction and training support for new team members
- Monitor individual call performance.
- Conduct regular professional development reviews.
- Work with Operations Manager to develop and roll out nurse promotions.
- Continued involvement in systems development.
- Work cohesively as part of the management team, utilising experience and innovation to develop service delivery.
- Demonstrate detailed service knowledge of the recruitment, training, payroll, marketing and sales functions.
- Strive to exceed set goals and targets and maximise client and nurse satisfaction.
- Accountable for team’s performance in terms of fill-rate, abandon rate, appropriate agency worker placement and client and nurse satisfaction.
- Respond positively to senior management direction and understands the need and opportunity this presents.
- Ensure Operations Manager is kept updated with concerns over practices, relationships or other matters in a timely manner.
- Ensuring controls are in place to monitor quality of output.
- Monitor and manage sales performance of team, providing guidance for improvement.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Previous Operational Management experience in a high volume contact centre.
- Experience of delivering change and process improvement.
- Workforce optimisation.
- Experience of performance management.
- Ability to read statistical reports and make relevant reviews and improvements.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff.
- A desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills.
- A focused and self-motivated approach to work.
At Thornbury Nursing Services we have an industry leading benefits package offering opt-in products including, taste cards, private medical insurance and discounted gym membership.
Although there are targets to achieve, the larger focus is on providing great levels of service. To achieve this, you’ll need to be friendly, articulate, calm under pressure and aware of time constraints and how they affect others around you.
We have over 30 years’ experience of responding to last-minute clinical staffing requests. Our service is renowned for being fast, reliable, professional and most importantly trusted.
We operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in order to provide our clients and nurses with a highly professional and instantly available service. So that we are best able to meet the needs of our clients, our staff shift patterns mirror those worked in the healthcare industry; shifts are between the hours of 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Our office is based in Long Ashton, just outside of Bristol with great public transport links.
To apply for the role of Operations Team Manager, please apply via the button shown.
ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.
- Call Centre
- Customer Care
- Customer Service
- Customer Services