Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Our client is currently seeking a helpful and experienced Operations Team Lead to join their SysAdmin/DevOps team. As Team Lead, you will provide day-to-day technical leadership and direction to establish, align and evolve operational standards. A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn will be paramount for this role.
They are improving the scalability and resilience of their systems, driving adoption of best practices within an agile framework, and automating every process along the way. So, a dynamic and knowledgeable profile is desirable. A passion for new technologies and challenges is welcome.
Attitude is just as important as experience with a particular set of tools. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together, and the client is looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can talk accessibly with other people of varying levels of technical expertise.
This challenging yet exciting Operations Team Lead opportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- Advertise DevOps culture and lead DevOps transformation.
- Automate processes and daily routines.
- Work with development, testing, end users and others to identify and resolve bottlenecks in the path to production.
- Troubleshoot and improve existing infrastructure and systems.
- Using the existing ticketing systems, assign tasks to staff, provide status updates and ensure team members use good ticket disciplines.
- Support the Linux production environment, including Operating System, Storage, Web Layers and Cloud Technologies and transition to a DevOps oriented solution to include tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
- Design, implement and architect new solutions for the above environment.
- Work a rotating shift pattern with other engineers and ensure on-call schedules have proper coverage.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years of experience leading a UnixOps/DevOps team.
- 5+ years’ experience analysing, troubleshooting, supporting and resolving issues with LAMP based servers in a multi-tiered application architecture, especially serviceoriented and micro-services architecture requiring 24×7 availability.
- 3+ years’ experience with DevOps tools (Docker, Ansible, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, Cloud computing principles, Automation and auto provisioning tools.
- Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An amazing attention to detail.
- Good written communication skills. Relevant security certifications will also be an advantage
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTubevideo: [Relocation to Gibraltar and working in the Online Gaming industry] youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=xj1f92a2ksU
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to Castle Hill Recruitment, or apply here on Reed.
If you have any further questions regarding working in Gibraltar, and living in Gibraltar / Southern Spain then please contact us.
- Application Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Technical Leadership
- Ticketing Systems
- Gaming Industry