Job Title: Operations Systems Manager
Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am - 4pm on a Friday
We are recruiting for a leading British based designer, manufacturer and worldwide distributor of furniture, home de´cor and accessories. Due to growth, this company is now seeking an experienced Systems Manager to incorporate into their existing operations team.
The role will be responsible for operational analysis and systems setup using Navision with particular focus but not limited to WMS. You will be required to provide key data through reporting to the Operations and wider senior management team.
The role is required to work with the Head of Operations to maintain and improve existing service levels by bringing a pro-active, strategic approach to systems setup and maintenance. The successful candidate will be able to identify and implement systems and process improvements while working effectively as part of a team and with our 3rd party software providers and IT support.
You will be asked to take a leading role in systems development, upgrade projects and process methodologies to ensure we meet customer expectations and drive efficiency gains that provide a competitive advantage.
- Configuration and maintenance of EDI and systems integration.
- Working alongside the Head of Operations to assist in identifying and implementing system improvements to the existing operation. This could include bespoke modifications to existing systems & applications, new reporting tools, or changes to existing processes.
- Develop and provide SQL-based reporting for the warehouse operation and wider business at all levels. This includes regular maintenance and scheduling in order to provide timely key performance data.
- Develop and provide tools for maximising efficiencies of automated warehouse processes e.g. system produced manifests, pick reports etc.
- Responsibility for other warehouse systems setup, integration and maintenance; including carrier systems & bespoke customer software.
- Provide onsite hardware & network support, primarily for RF guns, Access Points & warehouse printers.
- Provide project management support and regular status updates to the Head of Operations.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Proven Navision experience.
- Proven understanding of warehousing and experience working with a WMS (ideally Navision).
- Proven experience and understanding of EDI systems and concepts.
- The ability to write SQL queries, along with an understanding of common RDBMS concepts, structures and connectivity e.g. ODBC.
- Crystal Reports, Microsoft Query or similar.
- The ability to create, understand and document reasonably complex Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, incorporating external data sources and VBA.
- Proven experience in project management and working effectively as part of a project team.
- Experience with TOPS (or similar Package/Pallet optimisation software).
- Experience with Progress/OpenEdge RDBMS.
- Experience with a variety of warehouse based hardware including RF devices, printers and Wireless Access Points.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job