Main responsibilities of this Operations Support Chemist will be to assist in all aspects of technical support to the production department, including technical advice and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the optimisation of the plant and processes to ensure the safe and efficient use of the company products. The Operations Support Chemist will also liaise with R&D on implementing new products and optimising existing formulas.
Further responsibilities will be:
- To act as a technical support for non-formulation issues on site that can or may affect product quality and polymerisation performance.
- Provide production with formulations in the required format to ensure consistency of manufacture and processing of all grades to acceptable standards of quality
- Work with production to conduct investigations into any non-conforming products and discuss how to improve quality.
- Optimise product formulations from a process, cost and quality point of view.
- Write regular technical reports on the work carried out and the investigations conducted.
- Provide out of hours technical cover for other departments.
- Ensure safety regulations, procedures and statutory requirements are enforced.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in Chemistry or related discipline is strongly preferred.
- Industrial experience gained working in the chemical industry.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH41739 in all correspondence