Operations Support Assistant
Start date: ASAP.
Pay rate: £17.00 per hour + flex (£17.43 per hour total). Potential for this to increase once competent in role.
Duration: Initially 6 months minimum.
Location: Hull - Dimlington
- Hazardous substance experience / Flammable material experience.
- Tanker loading / offloading experience.
- Operations Support Assistant to assist the operations teams during times of increased operational duties, mainly tankering of hazardous waste material from the Easington terminal.
- Reporting to the Operations Engineer and being part of the day support team that will support the terminal operations as required.
- Have an awareness of operations & maintenance in a high hazard environment
- Self motivated, enthusiastic individual with a willingness to develop new knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate organisational and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work flexibly around the operational requirements.
- Able to work effectively on their own or within a team environment
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships across different areas of the business unit
- Work collaboratively towards common goals and objectives It is expected that the job holder will gain knowledge from the assisting of the operations and support teams and will gain the competencies that could have the potential for succession into an operations technician role
- Assist the Terminal Operations Support Team to provide support to the Operations shift teams.
- Self Develop Operations competency standard for onshore plant & equipment.
- Manage support vendors on site.
- Fulfil Safe Systems of Work roles of performing authority and working towards Isolation Technician status.
- Manages an inventory of operational equipment.
- Process Store housekeeping / consumable stock-keeping.
- Assist isolation teams during plant isolation (NRO/SIP) implementation, practicality checking, line walking & equipment preparation.
- Input into operation reporting software such as Opralog and Rapor.
- Participate in the investigation of site issues.
- Fork lift and Tele-handler operations (following provision of suitable training)
- General site housekeeping and maintenance.
- Any other duties as directed by the site Operations Engineer.
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking, including CRB and CCJ (County Court Judgement) checks
Consultant: Recruitment Hub Contact No:
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job