Our client are leading provider of environmental services (Refuse & Recycling), and are looking for an experienced Operations Support Supervisor who is accustomed to working in a fast paced, pressurised environment and thrives on finding solutions to daily operational challenges. This is a multi-faceted role, and will encompass operational/man- management, back-office administration, contract delivery and customer service responsibility and would suit wither an experienced Operational supervisor/Team Leader, or an existing manager who is looking for a platform for future career development.
- Effectively manage and oversee the day-to-day operational activity, working within client specification and providing a first class service to our customers
- Ensure the team work to budgetary and policy constraints, the relevant contract terms, conditions and specification; bearing in mind health, safety and environment related policies and procedures.
- Be the main link between the local management team and front line services and represent any partnerships with the business sector
- General site supervision, including completion of all records as required
- All Health and Safety issues on site, completion of records
- Carry out on the job training of team members where necessary
- Responsible for KPI performance within their team
- Ensure all required site administration is accurate and current
- Ensure costs and risks are controlled
- Promote and drive continual improvement and innovative ideas
- Maximise day to day organisation, planning and control of labour, plant and resources to ensure efficiency
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and other interested parties to ensure efficient service delivery
- Monitor and analyse field operative performance, including output and work quality, to ensure efficient and profitable delivery of work
- Have an understanding of the value of each job and what is allowed in the rate for the completion of each task
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold relevant and appropriate sector specific qualifications
- Ideally, have experience in the services being delivered (refuse & recycling) or come from another Operational role, for example facilities, commercial cleaning, waste management)
- Excellent knowledge of the layout and demographics of the business area (Desired)
- Demonstrate previous experience of supervising a team, excellent leadership & people management skills
- Commercial awareness
- PC Literate
- Effective Communication skills - listening, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a methodical, organised manner, with attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure to deadlines and ability to prioritise workloads
- Be prepared to be flexible in both working hours and supporting the team
- Hold a current HGV class 2 licence (desirable, and will attract the higher salary banding)
Please apply now for immediate consideration. Templewood Recruitment are only able to contact suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
- Environmental Services
- Site Administration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"