Operations Supervisor (Technical)- Near Witham - Salary up to £30,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing design and manufacturing company currently based within the Witham area. Working closely with the General Manager you will be actively responsible for various operational duties as well as managing key customer accounts. If you have previous experience organising and coordinating a workshop environment and are ambitious about progressing you career within a technical environment read on...
Type: Permanent Date Posted: 13/03/2018 Job Reference: 19540599
Operations Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Obtain technical specifications from clients including drawings and schematics to produce accurate quotations.
- On receipt of order accurately add all information onto the in house system.
- Communicate with existing and previous clients on technical issues and provide appropriate support.
- Support the General Manager with his day to day work and also deputising in his absence.
- Take responsibility for the workshops efficiency by controlling and monitoring staffing levels, design, layout, tooling, stock levels and storage.
- Take responsibility for daily operational duties including some HR related tasks such as hiring, health & safety, performance reviews, holidays, sickness, and general well being in the workplace.
- Working with the current management team to create the best possible working environment.
- Take responsibility for facilities management including the opening and closing of the office and workshop.
The company will also be moving their production facility over the next year to the Colchester area and you will be required to take an active role in setting up the new workshop.
Operations Supervisor Requirements:
- Previous experience looking after workshop staff and production facilities.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels.
- Understanding of technical engineering principles.
- IT skills including Microsoft office, 2D CAD (preferably 3D).
- Previous experience providing estimates and quotations would be a distinct advantage.
- Salary up to £30,000
- Mon - Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Company performance related bonus scheme.
- Fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing business.
Production Supervisor, Workshop Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Manager, Coordinator, Estimating, Quotations, AutoCAD, Facilities
Cordant People are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Production Supervisor
- Workshop Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job