Office Angels are recruiting!
Main Purpose of Job
- Work closely with the Site Operations Manager to ensure the efficiency of trunking and radial operation at the applicable Distribution Centre
- Supervise/manage on site staff
- Undertake additional duties along with the responsibilities as may be requested by Management to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure a safe working environment to comply with Company Policy and Health and Safety regulations
- Assessing - reviewing & measuring the performance of the team in the key area's they are responsible for in order to meet customer objectives
- Training - Ensure all inductions are carried out for all staff and provide on the job training to all staff to ensure they are able to undertake their duties effectively, efficiently and safely and provide direction where necessary.
- Managing - allocation of work, planning, motivating & coaching, absence & return to work interviews, conduct and capability investigations
- Health & Safety - Ensure all staff have completed the necessary Health & Safety Training in order to carry out their role safely and promote safe working practices. Report all incidents/near misses
- Customers - In all contact with customers you should be courteous, professional and efficient demonstrating a desire to exceed customer expectations and deliver excellent standards of service
- Process - Effectively utilise all company systems to ensure maximum efficiency
- Management of Drivers hours including WTD
- Cost Control ensuring use of agency or over-time is kept to a minimum
- Manage left offs and resolution towards immediate or next day delivery
- Escalate areas of concern relating to vehicle departures directly attributed to the warehouse picking operation
- Required to collate/comply with respective administration tasks occasionally which may have a bearing on costs/revenue
- Allocation of drivers to trunk/radial routes including agency where required
- Ensure uniform policy is adhered to by all employees
- Down loading of digital tachograph cards
- Brief/Debrief drivers
Special requirements including physical and environmental
- Hold driving license (desirable to hold Class 1 / Class 2 driving license)
- Hold valid Driver CPC card.
- Knowledge of all Transport Legislation
- Good PC skills
- Knowledge of all trunking/radial movements
- Key holder
- Required to be flexible including shift work where required
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Operations Supervisor