We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers - from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
To help us maintain our high standards of service, we are seeking an experienced and accomplished Operations Supervisor, to drive both innovation and execution in our busy Transportation network.
First and foremost, you will support the overall, daily management of operational duties. This will mean deputising for the Shift Manager, as and when required: you’ll step in on their behalf where necessary.
You will be responsible for briefing and monitoring the workload of all drivers and associates. Therefore, so you’ll maintain a keen eye for detail, ensuring that all administrative tasks are accurately and fully completed. Moreover, you will measure and monitor overall workflows and daily metrics. This will enable you to assist the Shift Manager with tracking, trending and reporting on site performance, as often as is required.
In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, you will also help with training and mentoring new Associates, ensuring that they are provided with the knowledge needed to successfully carry out their tasks. Further to this, you’ll follow-up on and resolve any process-related issues as and when required.
Finally, together with the Shift Manager, you will sufficiently resource your function from a personnel standpoint. Resourcing, in this context, means multiple things: call-outs for training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity etc.
· You possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
· GCSE Maths & English, grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications),
· You will be dedicated to meeting and exceeding ambitious production goals,
· Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills,
· Be Customer Obsessed; always mindful of our key objective to provide exceptional service to our customers,
· Ready to Learn and Be Curious: you’re willing to train and learn new skills,
· You Deliver Results, are able to handle both long and short-term multiple tasks, and demonstrate Bias for Action while working in a fast paced, occasionally ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities and requests,
· You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity, and Insist upon the Highest Standards at all times. Comfortable challenging the status quo, you are always looking for ways to continuously improve and optimize processes.
· A strong understanding of commercial vehicle operations would be beneficial to your application,
· A solid understanding of Excel and its application,
· Able to work with KPIs and metrics, being able to analyse large data sets to understand trends and look for root causes,
· Be familiar with 5 whys analysis,
We’re looking forward to receiving your application preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job